Se Habla Español

Contact Us Today!


Hours of Operation

Monday thru Friday: 9am to 6pm
Saturday: 10am to 6pm
Sunday: Closed

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: Do your mobile homes come with a warranty?

A: Yes, all of our NEW mobile homes come with a full factory warranty that included appliances, different parts of the home are covered from 1 to 25 years.  All USED homes come with a free sixty (60) day warranty, but you may choose to buy an extended mobile home warranty to protect your most valuable asset you own! Our  extended used home warranty will protect you from any unforeseen repairs on the structure, appliances, doors, windows, roofing, flooring, electrical, plumbing, and much more! See our Mobile Home Warranty link for more details.

Q: Do your prices include towing, setup, and installation?

A: Yes, all of our home prices include towing and installation, which includes blocking, tie-downs, and leveling of your home to meet state and factory requirements.  Our in-house towing and installation service will do the job on time and correctly the first time!

Q: Do your homes come with Air Conditioning?

A: Yes, all of our homes include air conditioning and installation at no extra cost to you!

Q: How do I get an SOL?

A: We must apply to the Manufactured Housing Division for it within 60 days from the date of your purchase or relocation of the home. This is very important because ownership of a manufactured home does not pass or vest at date of sale or transfer of the home until a completed application for the issuance of an SOL is filed with the TDHCA. When you purchase your home from us, Mobile Housing of Texas will process and submit all appropriate forms and documentation on your behalf. All you have to do is provide a check for $55.00 made payable to the TDHCA or we can include it in the financing to cover the SOL transfer fee.

Q: How do I get a title/Statement of Ownership and Location (SOL) to my mobile home?

A: Effective September 1, 2003, all outstanding documents of title are considered to be Statements of Ownership and Location (SOL’s). All mobile or manufactured home SOL’s in the State of Texas are issued by the TDHCA Manufactured Housing Division headquarters in Austin.

Q: How long will it take to get my Statement of Ownership and Location (SOL)?

A: This will depend partly on the method of delivery of the application and the method you choose to have the Statement returned to you, but it should occur within 60 days. If your application is incomplete, regular processing can take as long as 6 months or more. If the application is incomplete, a “Request for Additional Information” will be mailed to the appropriate party, resulting in delays and longer processing times. Mobile Homes can be moved before you receive your SOL.

Q: I want to move my home. What do I have to do?

A: The person or company that moves the home must be licensed by the TDHCA, bonded & insured to comply with any state and local requirements, then they must contact the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) ( to obtain any required permit (some cities require a permit to move a mobile home as well), a copy of which must be submitted with your application for a new SOL. Then you will need to apply for a new SOL, showing the new location. Also, any lien holders will need to be discharged (paid off) or give their written consent to the move.  Call 832-243-4196 to get a quote from our in-house towing service today!

Q: May I move my own home?

A: You may, but you will be liable for any damage or other moving related issues and you must obtain a permit from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to do so. For permit information, you may visit the TxDOT website at or call 1-800-299-1700. You will need a copy of your TxDOT permit in order to apply for a new SOL showing a new location.

Q: What are Wind Zones, and what do I need to know about them?

A: The counties along the Gulf Coast are designated as Wind Zone II counties because they often experience very strong winds, especially when a hurricane makes landfall. Therefore the homes that are installed in those counties must be built and installed to withstand these higher winds. To be installed in a Wind Zone II county, a manufactured home constructed on or after September 1, 1997, must meet Wind Zone II standards. Wind Zone II homes and homes built prior to September 1, 1997, may be installed in a Wind Zone I or II county without restriction. Wind Zone I homes may not be installed in those counties designated as Wind Zone II. The counties designated as Wind Zone II are Aransas, Brazoria, Calhoun, Cameron, Chambers, Galveston, Jefferson, Kenedy, Kleberg, Matagorda, Nueces, Orange, Refugio, San Patricio and Willacy.

Q: What is considered a used manufactured home?

A: Pursuant to Section 1201.003(32) a “Used manufactured home” means a manufactured home which has been occupied for any use or for which a statement of ownership and location has been issued. The term does not include: (A) a manufactured home that was used as a sales model at a licensed retail location; or (B) a manufactured home that: (i) was sold as a new manufactured home and installed but never occupied; (ii) had a statement of ownership and location; and (iii) was taken back from the consumer or transferee because of a first payment default or agreement to rescind or unwind the transaction.

Q: Who is responsible for Site Preparation for a used manufactured home?

A: A consumer acquiring a New or Used manufactured home to be installed is responsible for the proper preparation of the site where the manufactured home will be installed except as set forth in Title 10, Section 80.22 of the Texas Administrative Code (relating to Generic Standards for Moisture and Ground Vapor Controls).

Q: What are the installation warranty requirements for a used home?

A: For all installations, the installer shall give the manufactured home owner a written warranty that the installation of the home was performed in accordance with all department standards, rules, orders, and requirements. The warranty must conspicuously disclose the requirement that the consumer notify the installer of any claim in writing in accordance with the terms of the warranty. Unless the warranty provides for a longer period, the installer has no obligation or liability under the person’s warranty for any defect described in a written notice received from the consumer more than two years after the later of the date of purchase or the date of installation.

Q: What are the warranty requirements for a TDHCA licensed seller of a used home?

A: Under Section 1201.455(a) of the Occupations Code it states that a person may not sell, exchange, or lease-purchase a used manufactured home to a consumer for use as a dwelling without providing: (1) a written disclosure, on a form not to exceed two pages prescribed by the department, describing the condition of the home and of any appliances that are included in the home; and (2) a written warranty that the home is and will remain habitable until the 60th day after the later of the installation date or the date of the purchase agreement.

Q: Will Mobile Housing of Texas make home repairs or renovations for me?

A: Yes, Mobile Housing of Texas has an in-house repair and service department with over 25 years experience in repairing and renovating mobile/manufactured homes to meet your every need. Whether, it is simply adding a new deck or entry way, to handicap ramps, to interior home improvements and remodeling, like plumbing, electrical, flooring, carpeting, cabinetry, and many more home improvements. Please ask us about our "Repair" and "Renovation" options.

IMPORTANT: Prices paid for NEW mobile homes include Towing & Installation, AC & Installation, Kitchen Appliances & factory warranty, and may also include, decking, & skirting on select NEW homes ask your sales representative for information on special offers. Pre-owned and repossessed USED homes are sold as-is. All mobile home listings subject to change without notice.